This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

kde4.4 and life without pulseaudio - debian squeeze

Do you use pulseaudio?

Poll ended at Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:46 pm

Yes
10%
No, my distro is not using it
40%
No, I had to turn it off
50%

Total votes : 10

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ineya
Registered Member
Dear KDE developers,

I want to thank you for your work, and also for keeping in mind users like me, who took too much suffering from pulseaudio. After endless hours of trying to get it to work I resorted to removing it with apt. I was afraid, that after I do this, there will be no devices visible in multimedia panel, but fortunetly I was wrong and KDE works like charm without pulseaudio.

I consider myself experienced user, but the whole sound management with pulseaudio was just puzzling. I couldn't get kopete and mplayer to work at the same time, without noise or scratching sound effects each time someone sent me a message (kopete).

I don't feel pulseaudio is ready, and there should be some menu button/option which would allow to easily revert back to alsa/whatever. I sure give pulseaudio chance in future, but right now I don't want to loose flawless sound.
linuxwizard
Registered Member
OS
pulseaudio is a joke and will always be a joke. pulseaudio is a option to install never a default install.If you want to use it great but imo their are more people that don't want the worthless pulseaudio. I stay away from any distro that has pulseaudio installed by default. It is getting harder and harder to find a distro that does not have it installed.