This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

No sound in web browsers - Logitech USB Headset

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
w2310b
Registered Member
OS
Hi everyone,

I am quite new to Kubuntu (and linux in general, so please bear with me!) and I'm doing well so far - quite pleased with how it's all going actually.

There's just one annoying problem I'm currently having - I can't hear any sound in a web browser (testing via Youtube).

I'm using a Logitech USB Headset (which is correctly identified as the master channel and I have set it to default choice for everything under Kmix settings), so I'm getting system sounds, music in Amarok, movies in Dragon player - everything except web browsers! I'm assuming this could be something to do with Flash (as I have no idea of what other in-browser, non-flash tests I can use, it's currently quite late where I am and I'm not really thinking very well at the moment!)

Just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem, or preferably - if anyone knows how to fix this issue? Would greatly appreciate it, don't want to have to keep going back to Windows just to listen to stuff on youtube!

Thanks in advance.
Hans
Administrator
OS
Try to run
Code: Select all
alsamixer

in a terminal and make sure that the channels aren't muted/set to zero, for example PCM. See http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p= ... ostcount=8 for more information.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
If Pulseaudio is in use, you may need libflashsupport installed (on some distributions it is a seperate package)

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]