This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

krita can't display tif file it created

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
stinky-tofu
Registered Member
OS
I've recently upgraded to Fedora 14 from Fedora 13 and I'm having a strange problem with krita.

The problem is 100% reproducible, as follows:
1. Open a tif file with krita.
2. Without making any changes, save as a new tif file.
3. Close krita
4. Open the just-saved tif file with krita.
5. Wait an unusually long time for the image to load.
6. Observe that, instead of the image, what is displayed is just a grey/white checkerboard pattern.

In addition, other programs (e.g., GIMP, gthumb) can read and display the tif normally.

The image description at the bottom of the page for the original image is "RGB (16-bit integer/channel) sRGB built-in." However, when I reload the saved image, it is "RGB (16-bit float/channel) for High Dynamic Range imaging Standard Linear RGB (scRGB/sRGB64)." The saved image file is slightly smaller than the original file (38946 bytes), even though I did not ask for any compression.
stinky-tofu
Registered Member
OS
I tried the same series of operations using the same files on a different computer running Fedora 15 Beta 64 bit. Krita crashes on attempting to load the file it created. Gimp opens the image, but complains that the image has an embedded color profile "Invalid UTF-8 string", and offers to convert to sRGB built-in.
stinky-tofu
Registered Member
OS
This is still a problem as of Fedora 16. Is there no hope of getting this fixed?