This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

JuK does not display correct values for length and bitrate

Tags: juk, bitrate, lenght, mp3info, crc, sound, mp3 juk, bitrate, lenght, mp3info, crc, sound, mp3 juk, bitrate, lenght, mp3info, crc, sound, mp3
(comma "," separated)
zuargo
Registered Member
OS
Hello

I have a large collection of songs in mp3 format. Few days ago I have noticed that JuK does not display correctly the values for lenght and bitrate of one complete album. See the following screenshot

http://ompldr.org/vOHVoag

As be to see, length and bitrate, has value 0, but it is not possible becouse I can hear this songs pretty well.

So using an app called mp3info I have saw the propierties of these mp3 files, here the info from one these:

Code: Select all
]$ mp3info -x 02.Korn\ -\ Ball\ Tongue.mp3
File: 02.Korn - Ball Tongue.mp3
Title:   Ball Tongue                    Track: 2
Artist:  Korn
Album:   Korn                           Year:  1994
Comment:                                Genre:  [255]
Media Type:  MPEG 1.0 Layer III
Audio:    160 KB/s, 44KHz (joint stereo)
Emphasis:    none
CRC:         Yes
Copyright:   No
Original:    No
Padding:     No
Length:      4:29

As be to see, this app shows a reasonable values for length and bitrate, but JuK, for the same song and parameters, shows the value 0.

Cheking each file, those that JuK does not show properly its lenght and bitrate, with mp3info, and by comparing this information with the information provided by mp3info for the other mp3 files (those that JuK shows properly its length and bitrate), I have noticed the only difference that could be generating this behaviour in JuK is the parameter CRC, which one is set as yes in these mp3 files.

In conclusion, at least for me, when a mp3 file has the parameter CRC as yes JuK won't show properly the length and bitrate of the files.

Does anybody have the same or similar issue?

Please excuse my english, my first language is spanish.

Thanks so much for reading