This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

burning with K3b, track 1 loops back

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
kitandkaboodle
Registered Member
I'm using K3b 1.91.0 on Lucid Lynx in order to burn multitrack Video CDs.
These burned fine before, and I made 5 working VCDs.

Now having weird playback problem of burned VCDs first track looping back to the beginning instead of automatically advancing to later tracks. Same problem occurs on a variety of players including standalone DVD player. I can manually access the next tracks, but the next tracks don't continue automatically from track one anymore.

The funny thing is that I'm using exactly the same mpeg-VCD-format files that worked successfully before.

I've got a feeling that the problem is some setting in K3b that I might have unintentionally changed, or else some nuance to how I'm adding the files to the project. I notice that when I add tracks to the project, a funny line always appears under a file name. Could that have anything to do with this problem? Also, would choosing "DAO" rather than "Auto" fix the problem? I'm tired of wasting the nice archival CD-Rs I bought!

Any suggestions appreciated.
google01103
Manager
if "feeling that the problem is some setting in K3b that I might have unintentionally changed" you can test by creating a new user and using that user to burn or you can revert your setting to the default by deleting/renaming ~/.kde/share/config/k3brc (might be ~/.kde4/share/config/k3brc)

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

kitandkaboodle
Registered Member
Thanks for tips. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling k3b to do the reversion to defaults, but still same problem. So basically I can burn many VCD (mpeg1 video) files to burn a VCD in k3b, but they won't automatically play one after another. Have to use the "next" button to reach all the files.

Tried to work around this by combining all the files into one continuous VCD formatted track using Openshot. Results in a "mpeg1video" file (that's the actual name of the extension) from Openshot, but now k3b is not recognizing/admitting such files for it's VCD burning projects. Even if I change the file extension to simply "mpeg", k3b still doesn't admit the file.

Am just at a loss at how to do something that seems like it should be easy: burn a "long-play" VCD with various VCD-formatted mpeg files on it.