This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

[SOLVED]Notification audio problem

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: Notification audio problem

Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:05 pm
Since you are using KDE, make sure you have nothing muted in KMix.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
arkindal
Registered Member
OS

Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:18 pm
It had phonon, it didn't had pulse.
Wierd tho, I installed the whole kde meta package...
Kmix is acting wierd, I can't start it. I'm reinstalling it.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/80 ... hot3b.png/

EDIT: After the pulseaudio installation skype is trying to use it and has no audio.
Anyway to call a command like pulseaudio mixer like alsamixer? Since kmix won't start...
I tried launching kmix by shell, it doesn't give any error.
arkindal
Registered Member
OS

Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:45 am
This morning I had more problems with skype, I googled and solved them, solving them I also had the audio again, skype's lack of sound wasn't pulse fault after all.
Still no sound in KDE's programs tho.
google01103
Manager

Re: Notification audio problem  Topic is solved

Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:14 am
have you added yourself to the plugdev, audio and video groups? http://www.mail-archive.com/gentoo-user ... 97242.html

does this thread help? viewtopic.php?f=19&t=23591&p=30671&hilit=sound+gentoo#p30671

I'm wondering if you problem is Gentoo specific because of use flags and such, maybe you should post on the Gentoo forum. This Google search of their forum results in fair amount of hits http://www.google.com/search?client=ope ... 2&bih=1021

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

arkindal
Registered Member
OS

Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:49 pm
I'm givin it a try, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a gentoo related thing, I am new in gentoo as much as I am in KDE, I started both the same day.
arkindal
Registered Member
OS
Fixed adding pulseaudio in the flag use, thanks everyone for your time.
toad
Global Moderator
OS
google, you've done it again - nice one! Perhaps I should start drinking coffee...

Debian testing
arkindal
Registered Member
OS
It's actually embarassing because I always google when I have a problem and I googled this time too, guess I was unlucky finding the wrong things or I googled for the wrong keywords...
What about goin to sleep instead of drinking coffee?