This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Kmix icons

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
dbbolton
Registered Member
OS

Kmix icons

Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:51 pm
Where does kmix get its tray icons for the different volume levels? After checking "apt-file search kmix" and "find /usr/share -iname '*kmix*'", I suspected they were coming from /usr/share/icons/oxygen/*/status/audio-volume-*.png but after replacing the audio-volume-high.png icon for every size and restarting kmix, it is still using the default icon.
Hans
Administrator
OS

Re: Kmix icons

Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:56 pm
The default icons are located at /usr/share/apps/desktoptheme/default/icons/. You can change the icons by placing a svg(z) file named audio.svg(z) in ~/.kde(4)/share/apps/desktoptheme/<your desktop theme>/icons/.

(.kde/.kde4 depends on your distro and <your desktop theme> is the name of the desktop theme you currently use.)

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
dbbolton
Registered Member
OS

Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:05 am
Hans wrote:You can change the icons by placing a svg(z) file named audio.svg(z) in ~/.kde(4)/share/apps/desktoptheme/<your desktop theme>/icons/

So it's just one file? How does it differentiate between volume levels/mute?

Also, I opened "/usr/share/kde4/apps/desktoptheme/default/icons/audio.svgz" in inkscape, and it does not appear to be the same icon set as I see in kmix in my try. I am using tint2 as my panel, not the default kde plasma panels.
Hans
Administrator
OS

Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:44 am
You'll see that there are different icons in that file if you open it in e.g. Inkscape and they have different object ids.

I have no idea what icons tint2 use, it would help if you could post a screenshot of your system tray.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts