This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Dolphin Video Duration Preview

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
mojodoll
Registered Member

Dolphin Video Duration Preview

Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:35 pm
One thing i really miss after having completely migrated from Win7 to KDE is the bar on the lower Section of the Explorer Window, showing me the Duration, Bitrate and other Information of the Video-File i currently have selected.

So, it would be great to have a quick overview (i basically only need to quickly know the Duration) when marking a video file - am i overseeing it or is there no such option using Dolphin on KDE 4.6.5?
Is there any way, like a Plugin, to implement this functionality?
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Re: Dolphin Video Duration Preview

Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:29 am
If you have the Information sidebar enabled, then this information should show up there when you hover over or select the file.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
mojodoll
Registered Member

Re: Dolphin Video Duration Preview

Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:51 pm
Thanks for the Information-Panel hint! Per Default there is no such Information, after some research i found out it might have to do with nepomuk/strigi being disabled (nepomuk crashed randomly while doing whatever in the background, so i disabled it).
I reactivated both, added the video-file Locations to the Indexing directories, but still there is no sign of it retrieving any Video Metadata (Image Files do work) and displaying it on the Infopanel.
Also, interestingly Dolphin doesnt play the actual Video-Output of Files in the Infopanel, though the sound is played properly, and i can view the Files in mplayer without any troubles (meaning i have all the desired codecs installed and they work).

Here a Screenshot of the Infopanel configuration screen: