This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

SOLVED - Systemsettings crashes every time I select phonon

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
toad
Global Moderator
OS
As in the subject. I get no sound out of phonon while aplay works fine. This leads me to assume that it is a phonon error. But how to adjust phonon when systemsettings crashes?

Is there anything one can do on the command line?

Many thanks in advance.

PS.: kmix looks totally normal and I checked http://phonon.kde.org/ but it didn't have any relevant info.

Debian testing
toad
Global Moderator
OS
Solved - I finally got an error message on the CLI, googled it and had to remove ~/.xine/catalog.cache. After that systemsettings worked fine again but phonon is still not behaving (sigh).

Debian testing
Hans
Administrator
OS
Are you using the Xine backend? As far as I know it's not maintained anymore and another backend is highly recommended.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
toad
Global Moderator
OS
Yes, I was. Have changed to gstreamer now (wasn't able to beforehand though 'cos systemsettings kept on crashing...). Chicken and egg kind of situation :)

Debian testing