This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

uninstalling amarok : no more audiocd in device notifier

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
apogarte
Registered Member
hi,

amarok do not know how to open an audio cd, but kde is telling me that the audio cd i just inserted can only be opened with amarok...:-\

amarok do not know how to makes things straitforward, and simple, and clean... :(

as i am neither satisfied with amarok, nor anxious to learn how to make a profit of using this heavy app, and as i really wish to rediscover my music :D instead of spending hours trying to get something fair... and being lost on too many forums... so : i installed audacious (yes) 8)

i also added an entry in device notifier, cloned on the amarok entry, to tell an audio cd can be opened with audacious... this never happend to give the result i wished... audio cd is ALWAYS told to be opened with amarok... :z

b the way yi run kubuntu 11.04 natty...(kde 4.6.2(up to date)) :P
So, i decided to remove amarok, thinking this will automatically lead to
taking in account the "open with audacious" possibility... :D

result : no more notification when i insert an audio cd. :'(

(but dolphin keeps working with audiocd:/ and audacious keeps playing them smoothly)

if anybody here will be kind enough to give some suggestions this will start
maybe to pay hours of heavy searching... ???

apog
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Since Audacious is GTK software you should eventually ask them? This has not much to do with Amarok.
I move this bug to the multimedia section as it is more relevant to the way a CD is detected.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
apogarte
Registered Member
hi thanks for your reply !

i know about it is a gtk app. Do you mean a qt app will work better with the device notidier ? do you feel like suggesting any ?

i notice nobody gives answers to why creating an entry in device notifier do not works. how why is dolphin continuing to recognise protocol audiocd:/ ?

if anybody knows how to associate any freely choosed audio app to the "audiocd:/" protocol i'll be very glad to learn...

to be continued ! ???