This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Merge audio files?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
markum
Registered Member

Merge audio files?

Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:21 am
Hi there,

is there a (preferebly KDE-)tool to merge audio-files (at the moment ogg-format, but origin is different anyway, so I could convert)?

Markum

markum, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Nov.
google01103
Manager

Re: Merge audio files?

Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:19 pm
look at audio editors - Qtractor would be closest to a KDE app, also Audacity & Rezounder

functional comparison chart http://sound-editing-software.findthebe ... vs-ReZound of course no idea which versions the chart refers to

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

google01103
Manager

Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:52 am
forgot Kwave, a KDE based sound editor http://kwave.sourceforge.net/features.html

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

mnikki
Registered Member

Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:34 am
Audacity seems to be a good option when it comes to merging audio files but it can sometimes be a challenge when you are going to merge audio files of different levels because you cannot ensure quite a smooth mix to link the both. I have used other mp3 joiners and have quite the same problem with it. I am really keen to finding out what the best is but I guess that would cost a lot in terms of software and hardware.
markum
Registered Member

Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:02 am
Kwave does not have the merge feature. Audiacity I did not check, seems a little complex for such a little task. Meanwhile I used a Windows-solution. Actually I had expected there would be something as easy as a service-menu for that kind of task.

markum, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Nov.