This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Kate Python Debian

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
gigip
Registered Member

Kate Python Debian

Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:09 pm
Hi all,

First of all, sorry for my (bad) English, but it's not my native language.

I begin to develop in Python3 and I would like to use Kate for that. Kate has a plugin to develop with Python (Pate). But i don't see this plugin with the kate package with Debian Testing (Jessie)...
How can I have/install this python kate-plugin ?

Thank you very much.

Ps : I have KDE 4.13.1 and Kate 3.13.1
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Re: Kate Python Debian  Topic is solved

Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:12 am
I'm afraid it is not available due to dependency issues, please see https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugrepo ... bug=729215

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
gigip
Registered Member

Re: Kate Python Debian

Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:23 am
S***.

Anyway, thanks for your quick reply.
airdrik
Registered Member
OS

Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:43 pm
You might check out Kdevelop (with its python plugin). It's a bit heavier being a full IDE rather than an enhanced text editor like Kate; but Kdevelop's python integration is pretty good, and the 1.6 release of the python plugin provides proper python3 support. (I must admit that I don't use it regularly for my python stuff - preferring spyderlib, but that is mostly because I haven't taken the time to just use it and/or do a proper comparison. You could also try out spyderlib, the just-released version 2.3 also provides python3 support)

airdrik, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.
boky01
Registered Member

Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:13 pm
You can install it from source. It has a very detailed step-by-step description.

http://kate-editor.org/get-it/

Once you installed you have to enable Python Plugins under Settings -> Configure Kate -> plugins.