This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Linking Sheets and Documents

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
clintonlovell
Registered Member

Linking Sheets and Documents

Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:48 pm
I downloaded Calligra and have issues. I am trying to get an office program that will allow you to copy spreadsheet data and paste it into the document and update those links as needed for a report that is used on a continuing basis. I have used Microsoft Office for years and found that if you have more than a dozen or so spreadsheets linked into the document, then WORD will blow up the links when you reopen the document to update it with the new values in the corresponding EXCEL file. Microsoft routinely denies this problem exists and takes the position that the new version of their Office suite fixes all problems. We find that this problem has never been fixed.

So, here I am trying to find a new office suite that will accomplish this task. I think Calligra could be a solution, but it currently doesn't support linking.

How or who do I go to to get this functionality programmed into the software? I would be willing to pay for this work or make a substantial donation to KDE as an incentive to get this done.

I don't know if this is the best place to post on this, but any help would be great.

Thanks.