This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Error doing a two finger scroll in Libreoffice in KDE Neon

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
moisesp
Registered Member
I installed KDE Neon a few months ago on my LG Gram laptop. The truth is that I have no complaints, the system is really good, keeps my system perfectly updated, all the tools I have installed have worked perfectly and the team works very smoothly.

The only thing is that the LibreOffice office suite gives me problems when scrolling when I use the laptop's trackpad. He stumbles, jumps, has an absolutely unstable behavior. And when I try to zoom using the trackpad + ctrl key the behavior is unacceptable.

And this problem only happens in Libreoffice. In all other applications the operation of the scroll is perfect: browse the web, PDF documents, within the system itself, ... all good.

I have been using Libreoffice for years without problems and also in multiple different Linux distributions: Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Lubuntu, Elementary OS, ... and in all of them, perfectly.

In the following link I have included a video with the problem that I am having, so that it is seen that it only fails in Libreoffice and not in the rest of the applications and it has also added a series of attempts that I have made to solve the problem but not they have served me

http://fpkanarias.blogspot.com/2019/06/ ... ckpad.html

Perhaps someone can help me, I'm considering using another distro
Harald Koch
Registered Member
I have exactly the same problem with LibreOffice
Version: 6.2.7.1
Build-ID: 20(Build:1)
CPU-Threads: 8; BS: Linux 4.12; UI-Render: Standard; VCL: kde5;
Gebietsschema: de-DE (de_DE.UTF-8); UI-Sprache: de-DE
Calc: threaded

LibreOffice runs under
openSUSE Leap 15.0
KDE-Plasma 5.12.8
KDE-Framework 5.45.0
Qt 5.9.4
Kernel 4.12.14

Dell Latitude 7490

Scrolling and zooming (with 2 fingers) works perfectly in every software, except in LibreOffice. Both jump unpredictable around

I have been using Libreoffice for years without problems.

Thanks
Harald
airdrik
Registered Member
OS
Has the issue been reported to Libreoffice? I believe LO uses its own Qt wrapper for theme integration with KDE, but I don't know the details of how that works. It may just be a bug in LO's Qt theme wrapper code.

airdrik, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.