This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Looking for an open-source document management system

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
kde-mind
Registered Member
Hello dear members of the KDE forum,

can anybody recommend a good open source document management system? I'am planning to use this software for my small business (about 15 employees).

My requirements for the software are pretty much the same as in this list.

I'am looking forward to your recommendations, thanks alot :)
crocreaming
Registered Member
For Paperless-NG to consume files, I set up a file share. For the folder to be on my machines, I made a google docs card template. I can add PDF files, and it will automatically import them. I also directed my network scanner and printer there. Documents that I scan to PDF are immediately consumed. Like before, "Inbox" is the tag applied to all new files. When automatically labelling documents, the "auto learn" tool does a decent job of either appropriately tagging the document or coming up with a suggestion.
zoodany
Registered Member
I was looking for something like that too. At the moment I am not able to find anything "ready to go" on linux.
Important for me is the option to find duplicates and a proper way to manage my file in categories. Also a good search tool is a must.
There are several open source software and projects that looks very interesting.

But all the options available out there are a pretty difficult to install if you don't have a solid knowledge of scripts and whatnot. Most of them are also "docker" which if you have very basic/little knowledge about that it can be an absolute nightmare to put on your system.

You probably ended up on copy-paste several commands with the only result in some dependency issue where you have no idea on how to solve. And a lot of "things" to build from source (personally I have a pretty damn good score on 70-80% of unsuccess on building software from source).
fevokdevuvja
Registered Member
There are different open-source software, and your expectations are widespread. Even though you have 15 employees, it doesn't mean it is less responsibility. You still need to take care of all the data, deadlines, to-do lists, etc. I am using this task management system. Honestly, I can't compare it with others because I didn't use any others. This system just pleased me with its features. It has a mobile app, which makes it easy to work on any smartphone in any browser. I am always in a hurry, so having access to all the info from my phone is excellent!