This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

[SOLVED] Kitchensync is unable to find synce-opensync-plugin

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
StanleyK
Registered Member
OS
When I try to add a "Plugin to synchronize with Windows CE device" (say synce-opensync-plugin) in a group, I get a message: "Configuration of synce-opensync-plugin is empty", followed by "Unable to read config from plugin 'synce-opensync-plugin': Unable to open file /usr/share/opensync/defaults/synce-opensync-plugin for reading: No such file or directory".
I have Kubuntu with KDE 4.2 and the libsynce0, synce-hal, synce-sync-engine, opensync-plugin-synce, python-opensync, opensync-module-python, opensync-module-kdepim and more packages installed and I found the synce-opensync-plugin-2x.py and synce-opensync-plugin-2x.pyc files in /usr/lib/opensync/python-plugins. I really don't know how to make kitchensync to load it from there.
Thanks for any help!
StanleyK
Registered Member
OS
All right!

There's something wrong with the plugin, never mind. My friend solved this problem for me. All you need is to get this and unpack it in /usr/share/opensync/defaults/. Open Kitchensync, create the group with the mentioned plugin and the PIM plugin according to your needs (kdepim, evolution, or whatever), don't worry about the same error messages as described above. Uncheck the "Notes", because notes syncing causes the synchronization to fail. After this, pres "Synchronize" and everything works!
Thanks for your attention. :shade: