This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Kate/KWrite/Kile: Printing monochrome without syntax colors

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
molecule-eye
Registered Member
OS
I'm trying to print out a LaTeX document (the code) in Kile but even when I select greyscale in the printing options it tries to print according to the syntax highlighting colors, so things are certain colors (e.g. light purple) turn out unreadable. Is there any way to disable this so it prints all text as black?

Is the only decent workaround to copy and paste it into a plain text document or to disable syntax highlighting? Actually this doesn't even work since I'm using a dark color schema and hence have my text color set to an off-white! To print do I actually have to manually go in and select the text color to black each time?
google01103
Manager
what if you change in Fonts & Colors settings "Highlighting Text Styles" to none

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

molecule-eye
Registered Member
OS
Whoa, a five year follow-up! Still appreicated :) I haven't tried printing from Kile basically since I wrote the original post. If I do print from Kile in the future, I'll try your suggestion.

Cheers!
airdrik
Registered Member
OS
Recent versions of Kate and friends have a Printing scheme, and allow you to select the color scheme to use when printing: File -> Print... -> expand Options -> Layout -> Schema

airdrik, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.