This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

LibreOffice 3.4.2 vs. KDE theme/wiget style

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
steveriley
Today I downloaded and installed the .DEBs for LibreOffice 3.4.2. Installation went fine, no problems. However, the programs looked terrible: not like what I remember with previous versions of LO in KDE. I double-checked GTK+ Appearance in System Settings | Application Appearance and it was set to oxygen-gtk.

As an experiment I installed oxygen-molecule from the Kubuntu repo. After switching GTL+ widget from oxygen-gtk to Oxygen-Molecule, LibreOffice looks much better.

I'm fairly certain -- but not 100% -- that prior versions of LibreOffice worked fine with oxygen-gtk. Anyone have any clues why the latest version doesn't seem to want to cooperate anymore?
steveriley
Nevermind... just realized I forgot to do the couple steps mentioned here in a post on the Kubuntu forum.
jospoortvliet
Registered Member
OS
That post doesn't exist (anymore), any chance you can post instructions here?!?

I don't do sigs.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
I believe the original post may have been http://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthread ... 0%29-Final

It looks like they changed forum engine but did not bother to implement any form of redirector for old urls.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]