This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Cannot Print to Fax in KDE 4.1.2

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
eurgain
Registered Member

Cannot Print to Fax in KDE 4.1.2

Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:40 am
Hi

In Kde 3.5 I regularly use the "Print to Fax" option to send jobs to a Hylafax server. This option does not appear to be present in KDE 4.1.2 as implemented in SUSE11 and Ubuntu "Intrepid" 8.10 Beta. Print to file (ps and pdf) is there, but not ptint to fax.

This is an essential feature for me, and I cannot adopt KDE4 until it is present. I do not know whether this is a KDE problem or it is down to the way that 4.1.2 has been implemented in the distros.

If there is a way to implement this in KDE 4.1.2, I would very muck like to hear of it.

I have already installed all relevant fax-related packages that I can find on both distros, but to no avail.

A
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Remebering that because KDE is going multi platform in KDE 4, most of the Printing infastructure had to be completely rewritten rebasing off QPrinter. unfortunately it appears you will have to remain with KDE 3 for now because I can't find anything about it's status in KDE4. alternatively, assuming you just need only need a couple of applications to use it, you can just use the KDE 3 versions of those applications inside KDE 4 without any ill effects ( i sometimes need to use Konq from KDE 3 when i use proxies for example )

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]