This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Kile: quotation mark settings

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Llama
Registered Member
OS

Kile: quotation mark settings

Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:27 am
Hi,

Is there a way to add a quotation variant to Settings->Confugure Kile->LaTeX->General->Double Quotes list? I want the Russian ones which are very much like the French (but not quite, and the difference matters).

These are << and >> .
john_hudson
Registered Member
OS

Re: Kile: quotation mark settings

Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:38 pm
A look at the list of LaTeX symbols at http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/info/sy ... ols-a4.pdf suggests that there isn't a pair of Russian symbols and that your only option may be to create them by using single guillemets with a thin space between them.

John Hudson, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
Llama
Registered Member
OS

Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:15 am
In theory, may be. In practice, there is the << and >> pair. It compiles exactly into the right thing (unlike the French ones, which are very similar, yes), always with no problem, with the Russian language. I want them right in the choice list, one extra line. I just haven't found the right config; they can be hardcoded after all, though it's never the right and proper thing to do, no matter what one thinks on the existence of the Russian quotes.
john_hudson
Registered Member
OS

Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:29 pm
It may be useful to email Scott Pakin with the package which contains them so that he can include them in the next update of the symbols list.

It is possible that the developers don't know they exist.

John Hudson, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
Llama
Registered Member
OS

Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:20 am
It's a bit roundabout way, I'm afraid. As a Kile developer I wouldn't have felt it necessary to consult the official lists on a regular basis. Is there a way to contact Kile developers instead?

It would be common courtesy to make sure first that there's no config file responsible for Settings->Confugure Kile->LaTeX->General->Double Quotes list after all.