This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

TELLICO 2.3.4 : creating new folder with external function ?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
papyoctet
Registered Member
Hello,

First, excuse my bad english. It is not my mother language.

I use Tellico 2.3.4 in Ubuntu 12.04 64 bits.
I create a base with my textil creations.
For each creation, I have to create un folder where I can follow all the process of edition of it. That folder, I create it with a script Python.

My question :
Is it possible, from Tellico, to call that script and pass to it several values like number + Name of the item I am creating in Tellico or the item I have choosen it Tellico ?

In Tellico, I select an item un my base.
Then, I call my script (Python) passing to him te number and the name o, the selected item.
My script create the folder I want using the 2 parameters I have passed to him.

Thank you.

En français :
Est-il possible de lancer un script (Python) depuis une base de données Tellico en lui passant deux paramètres dont les valeurs sont sélectionnées dans Tellico ?

J'ouvre une base Tellico.
Je sélectionne un enregistrement dans la liste.
J'appelle mon script (Python) en lui passant les valeurs contenues dans les champs Numéro et Nom de l'item sélectionné dans la liste Tillico.
Mon script va alors créer le dossier d'édition dont j'ai besoin pour le suivi de ma création.

Merci pour votre aide.
robbystephenson
KDE Developer
OS
papyoctet wrote:Is it possible, from Tellico, to call that script and pass to it several values like number + Name of the item I am creating in Tellico or the item I have choosen it Tellico ?
Well, it's possible, mostly, through a hack...If you create a Data Source for an external application, then select the update mechanism, you can pass a title and id to the script. Then select your book, right-click and do update and select the data source you created.

For example, if I use this simple shell script,
Code: Select all
#!/bin/sh
ONE=$1
TWO=$2
MSG="title:$ONE number:$TWO"
kdialog --msgbox "$MSG"
and the data source is configured with the update box set to "%{title} %{id}",
you'll see the title and id of the book in a dialog box when you run update. Does that make sense?
papyoctet
Registered Member
Thank you robbystephenson.
It works fine.

Thank you very much.