This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Crash

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
QHZSFPZep8C
Registered Member

Crash

Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:33 pm
Hi. I was doing an update of a book via the update button in tellico 2.3.9 and it crashed.

do mrt 31.10:27$ uname -a
Linux ditch 3.16.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.16.7-ckt20-1+deb8u4 (2016-02-29) x86_64 GNU/Linux

tellico: Fatal IO error: client killed
KCrash: Application 'tellico' crashing...
KCrash: Attempting to start /usr/lib/kde4/libexec/drkonqi from kdeinit
KCrash: Connect sock_file=/home/dt/.kde/socket-ditch/kdeinit4__0
KCrash: Attempting to start /usr/lib/kde4/libexec/drkonqi directly
drkonqi(14315): Unable to find an internal debugger that can work with the KCrash backend
drkonqi(14315): The specified process does not exist.
[1]+ Exit 1 tellico
QHZSFPZep8C
Registered Member

Re: Crash

Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:08 pm
Another crash. This time it seems to be reproducible. I entered a new book with title "het gehandicapte kind" and author "benjamin spock"; all other fields were left to the defaults. Then I tried an update and it got to around 57% through the search and the first time I got a KDE crash analysis (seg violation) and the second time the window simply disappeared. The first time I didn't have gdb installed whilst the second time I did.

The messages in the bash window at the time of the crash:

tellico(15585)/kdeui (kdelibs): Attempt to use QAction "edit_undo" with KXMLGUIFactory!
tellico(15585)/kdeui (kdelibs): Attempt to use QAction "edit_redo" with KXMLGUIFactory!
KCrash: Application 'tellico' crashing...
KCrash: Attempting to start /usr/lib/kde4/libexec/drkonqi from kdeinit
KCrash: Connect sock_file=/home/dt/.kde/socket-ditch/kdeinit4__0
QSocketNotifier: Invalid socket 8 and type 'Read', disabling...
QSocketNotifier: Invalid socket 15 and type 'Read', disabling...
QSocketNotifier: Invalid socket 18 and type 'Read', disabling...
QSocketNotifier: Invalid socket 12 and type 'Read', disabling...
tellico: Fatal IO error: client killed

I have a screen shot of the data sources but don't know how to submit it here. It is difficult for me to tell just *which* data source is being processed when I do the update all. I can probably narrow it down by attempting each one individually, if this would be of use to you.

I had done a save before the search, so after the crash the title still existed in the DB.
robbystephenson
KDE Developer
OS

Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:37 am
QHZSFPZep8C wrote:Another crash. This time it seems to be reproducible. I entered a new book with title "het gehandicapte kind" and author "benjamin spock"; all other fields were left to the defaults. Then I tried an update and it got to around 57% through the search and the first time I got a KDE crash analysis (seg violation) and the second time the window simply disappeared. The first time I didn't have gdb installed whilst the second time I did.

I have a screen shot of the data sources but don't know how to submit it here. It is difficult for me to tell just *which* data source is being processed when I do the update all. I can probably narrow it down by attempting each one individually, if this would be of use to you.

Thanks for the report. If you could figure out what source is causing the crash, that would help immensely. I just tried the steps you listed and I couldn't immediately reproduce it. 57% would suggest the culprit might be about halfway through the list or so.
RJVB
Registered Member
OS

Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:30 pm
QSocketNotifier: Invalid socket 8 and type 'Read', disabling...
QSocketNotifier: Invalid socket 15 and type 'Read', disabling...
QSocketNotifier: Invalid socket 18 and type 'Read', disabling...
QSocketNotifier: Invalid socket 12 and type 'Read', disabling...

I've noticed these warnings for the 1st time myself when trying to understand a transient "install debugger first" issue which I also don't understand.

What are those QSocketNotifier messages about? They occur with KDE4 and KF5...