This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

RPGGeek Data source

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
beckett
Registered Member

RPGGeek Data source

Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:53 am
Hi,
I'd like to use Tellico to track my Roleplaying game collection. RPGgeek has an API that uses the same calls as boardgamegeek and videogamegeek, is there any way to alter the Board Game Geek data source to make api calls to RPGgeek?
robbystephenson
KDE Developer
OS

Re: RPGGeek Data source

Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:04 pm
beckett wrote:I'd like to use Tellico to track my Roleplaying game collection. RPGgeek has an API that uses the same calls as boardgamegeek and videogamegeek, is there any way to alter the Board Game Geek data source to make api calls to RPGgeek?

Probably not too hard to edit the source code and change the API end point.

What kind of collection would you import into? Do you have a custom one or are you using the default board game collection?
stateofevermore
Registered Member
OS

Mon May 10, 2021 5:39 pm
Same here! I would be highly interested in having https://rpggeek.com added as a source to Tellico, as I also plan to use it for organization of my RPG book collection! :)

Also happy to give modification of source code and compilation a try myself, if you can provide any pointers and hints? ^-^
robbystephenson
KDE Developer
OS

Sat May 22, 2021 12:26 am
stateofevermore wrote:Same here! I would be highly interested in having https://rpggeek.com added as a source to Tellico, as I also plan to use it for organization of my RPG book collection! :)

Also happy to give modification of source code and compilation a try myself, if you can provide any pointers and hints? ^-^

I'm happy to add it as a source, I'm just not quite sure what kind of collection to map it to. Would you suggest using the default board game collection or a book collection?
stateofevermore
Registered Member
OS

Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:45 am
Thank you for considering it! :)

As RPGs are mostly books, I would map this to a book collection.
robbystephenson
KDE Developer
OS

Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:00 am
I've added this to Tellico, will be in version 3.4.2 release.
stateofevermore
Registered Member
OS

Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:07 pm
That's awesome! Thank you so much!! ^-^ ^-^