This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

change the duration field from seconds to hour / minutes

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
arilsonbm
Registered Member
Good night, i tried importing data from a video and in the duration field the time returned in seconds. In the manual it says that it is obvious to make the change, I just couldn't find the place for it.

Sorry for using google translator. And also the beginner's question, but I didn't find that question on the forum.

Thanks in advance.
robbystephenson
KDE Developer
OS
arilsonbm wrote:Good night, i tried importing data from a video and in the duration field the time returned in seconds. In the manual it says that it is obvious to make the change, I just couldn't find the place for it.

Internally, to be consistent, Tellico does expect the duration field to be in minutes. Depending on which template you use for the Entry View, they can show the duration in whatever formatting you like. The recent "ZAP Group" template, for example, does format the time with hours/minutes.

The manual information is just meant to say you could enter the time in hours if you wanted, but that means you would be entering the duration manually for each new video. Importing video information would still expect it to be in minutes, which is necessary for consistency.

I hope that helps!
arilsonbm
Registered Member
Dear robbystephenson, thanks for the information I will try some model and / or do as I said to manually enter the data.