This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Guess ? Tellico VS Amazon

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
serpenth
Registered Member

Guess ? Tellico VS Amazon

Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:45 am
Hello,

I really, really don't understand.
I managed to compile version 3.3.3 of Tellico (I'm new to Linux, wasn't a piece of cake). I wanted to be able to lookup ISBN or UPC/EAN.

As required, I created an AWS account, got access and secret keys, and still ... the damn API keeps telling me that "the access iD key [...] is not enabled for accessing product advertising API".

Can someone guide me ?

Thanx a lot,
robbystephenson
KDE Developer
OS

Re: Guess ? Tellico VS Amazon

Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:55 pm
serpenth wrote:As required, I created an AWS account, got access and secret keys, and still ... the damn API keeps telling me that "the access iD key [...] is not enabled for accessing product advertising API".

Can someone guide me ?

Amazon has a number of requirements and restrictions for accessing their product API, including
In order to qualify for requesting access to PA API, you will need an Associates account, you will have to complete 3 qualifying sales in the first 180 days

https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/as ... tials/home

For anything further, it might be best to check on the Amazon AWS forums. I don't have access to Amazon results myself, since I don't meet the API requirements.
serpenth
Registered Member

Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:46 pm
It seems to be but a waste of time to try and access this API.

I will look forward to find another ISBN / UPC / EAN based data source.

Thank you again for this great software.
denzelnoup
Registered Member

Sat May 08, 2021 7:19 pm
Amazon has its own network, which requires special permission. It will be difficult for me to explain to you exactly how it will be easier for you to implement your idea. Many people enter into partnerships with this company in order to receive a number of privileges, as well as large bonuses from the sale of products. You can take a closer look at all the information at https://afreeadvice.com/best-affiliate- ... beginners/ and choose for yourself the most reliable way to increase your own income and get the necessary information about Amazon. I have done the same and now I receive over $ 800 for product sales and I hope that I can increase this amount to $ 1000.