This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Source Type z39.50 Windows

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ricardopiedade
Registered Member

Source Type z39.50 Windows

Tue May 31, 2022 4:58 pm
Hi! I'm trying to use the z39.50 server source type on Windows, but I don't have it.
Does it only exist for Linux?

Thanks, :D
robbystephenson
KDE Developer
OS

Re: Source Type z39.50 Windows

Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:40 am
ricardopiedade wrote:Hi! I'm trying to use the z39.50 server source type on Windows, but I don't have it.

If Tellico was compiled with the yaz library included, then the z39.50 support works on Windows. I just tested it.
ricardopiedade
Registered Member

Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:56 pm
robbystephenson wrote:
ricardopiedade wrote:Hi! I'm trying to use the z39.50 server source type on Windows, but I don't have it.

If Tellico was compiled with the yaz library included, then the z39.50 support works on Windows. I just tested it.

I don't think so, because it doesn't appear on my options. Can you explain me how can I install the yaz library?
robbystephenson
KDE Developer
OS

Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:23 am
ricardopiedade wrote:
robbystephenson wrote:

I don't think so, because it doesn't appear on my options. Can you explain me how can I install the yaz library?

Tellico has to be built with the yaz library. How are you installing Tellico, is it pre-built? I believe the installers on the KDE site are built with yaz support, but I'm not completely sure.

And just to be clear, you've tried to add a z39.50 site to the date sources and it isn't available in the options?