This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Tellico collection report with CDs

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
chriscrutch
Registered Member

Tellico collection report with CDs

Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:54 am
I've got an extensive CD collection for my business, and I'm using Tellico to manage the collection. I'm having some difficulty figuring out how to generate the type of collection report I'm looking for. I can easily generate a report based on album artists or album names, but I can't seem to do one based on individual track titles, which is what I need most often. Ultimately, I'd like to be able to export this collection to XML with individual tracks listed in addition to artist, album title, etc.

I realize that Tellico is primarily for book collections, but its ability to query the CDDB and add entries for discs based on that is just fabulous, so that's why I'm using it.

Any help in generating the report I'd like would be appreciated. Thanks to all.

--chriscrutch
robbystephenson
KDE Developer
OS
chriscrutch wrote:I've got an extensive CD collection for my business, and I'm using Tellico to manage the collection. I'm having some difficulty figuring out how to generate the type of collection report I'm looking for. I can easily generate a report based on album artists or album names, but I can't seem to do one based on individual track titles, which is what I need most often. Ultimately, I'd like to be able to export this collection to XML with individual tracks listed in addition to artist, album title, etc.
--chriscrutch

Yeah, the XSLT used for the report templates is rather daunting. If you have a specific question, I'd be happy to help.

Maybe describe exactly what you want the report to look like? Say use one of the existing ones as an example and let us know what you need to change. From what I can tell, you just need the track listing included?
chriscrutch
Registered Member
Basically, yes, I'd like the track list included. I plan on creating a large Tellico database of the CDs, and then I'd like to use Tellico's "export to HTML" feature to create a searchable, column-sortable list that I can access on a Windows machine with extremely limited power and no database application. Right now, the "export to HTML" is fabulous, except that it lists only each individual disc, which, for my needs, is not massively useful. For it to be useful for me, I need a listing for each track, the artist for each track, the album name, and a personalized field that refers to the disc's location.

Thanks for replying.

--chriscrutch
robbystephenson
KDE Developer
OS
chriscrutch wrote:Basically, yes, I'd like the track list included. For it to be useful for me, I need a listing for each track, the artist for each track, the album name, and a personalized field that refers to the disc's location.
--chriscrutch
See if this example file can get you started. Drop it in your ~/.kde/share/apps/tellico/report-templates/ folder. You may need to create that directory if it doesn't exist. Then also, you'll need to copy the tellico-common.xsl file from the Tellico installation directory into the ~/.kde/share/apps/tellico/ folder.

I know that may be a lot of complicated steps, but give it a shot.
After all that, you can run Tellico, open the Report dialog and select the track list report there.

http://tellico-project.org/Track%20List.xsl

It has track, album, and artist. You might be able to figure out how to add a column for your custom field, or just ask questions about how it's set up.