This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Tellico XML and DTD?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
espenore
Registered Member
OS

Tellico XML and DTD?

Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:50 pm
Greetings,

I just exported a Tellico book collection as XML and opened the file in the XML editor Oxygen. According to the validation (Xerces) the exported Tellico-file is not valid XML according to the DTD given:
http://periapsis.org/tellico/dtd/v11/tellico.dtd

Among the errors is that the element 'cdate' has no declared attribute 'calendar'. Is the Tellico XML supposed to be valid XML?

Espen S. Ore
Norway
robbystephenson
KDE Developer
OS

Re: Tellico XML and DTD?

Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:04 pm
espenore wrote:Greetings,
I just exported a Tellico book collection as XML and opened the file in the XML editor Oxygen. According to the validation (Xerces) the exported Tellico-file is not valid XML according to the DTD given:

Among the errors is that the element 'cdate' has no declared attribute 'calendar'. Is the Tellico XML supposed to be valid XML?
It was once upon a time! I've been lax about keeping the DTD up to date when I add new default fields. It didn't seem important.

It's important to note that if the user adds any custom fields, there's no way to have the DTD cover it, as written. So it's always just been a validation of the default settings.

Based on your message, I'm guessing the cdate and mdate fields probably got flagged. I can do a quick edit to the DTD for that, I think.
espenore
Registered Member
OS

Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:12 pm
robbystephenson wrote:
espenore wrote:Greetings,

It was once upon a time! I've been lax about keeping the DTD up to date when I add new default fields. It didn't seem important.

It's important to note that if the user adds any custom fields, there's no way to have the DTD cover it, as written. So it's always just been a validation of the default settings.

Based on your message, I'm guessing the cdate and mdate fields probably got flagged. I can do a quick edit to the DTD for that, I think.

Thank you very much! So basically I can take a copy of the DTD and edit it according to my adjustments to Tellico and use that DTD rather than the default one, I guess. I plan to use this when I am editing Tellico data on a windows computer at work in Oxygen (or another XML editor) - this way I can export and import the collection data from/to Tellico running on my home computer under Kubuntu.

Espen
robbystephenson
KDE Developer
OS

Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:07 pm
espenore wrote:
robbystephenson wrote:Based on your message, I'm guessing the cdate and mdate fields probably got flagged. I can do a quick edit to the DTD for that, I think.
Thank you very much! So basically I can take a copy of the DTD and edit it according to my adjustments to Tellico and use that DTD rather than the default one, I guess. I plan to use this when I am editing Tellico data on a windows computer at work in Oxygen (or another XML editor) - this way I can export and import the collection data from/to Tellico running on my home computer under Kubuntu.
I just updated the online DTD and added a unit test to the source code to check for validation so it won't get out of date again. I think that should fix the errors, thanks for motivating me!
espenore
Registered Member
OS

Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:28 pm
robbystephenson wrote:
espenore wrote:
robbystephenson wrote:Based on your message, I'm guessing the cdate and mdate fields probably got flagged. I can do a quick edit to the DTD for that, I think.
I just updated the online DTD and added a unit test to the source code to check for validation so it won't get out of date again. I think that should fix the errors, thanks for motivating me!

Thank you very much!