This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Tracks field delimiter

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
billstei
Registered Member

Tracks field delimiter

Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:17 pm
In versions of Tellico before ~2.1.1 in imported/exported CSV files the delimiter(s) between the individual tracks in the "Tracks" field (of a CD collection for example) was a semi-colon and space (0x3B 0x20). After version 2.1.1 the delimiter(s) is now 0xE2 0x80 0xA8. Is this a bug or a permanent change in behavior?
billstei
Registered Member

Re: Tracks field delimiter

Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:03 pm
Another interesting bug: When importing a csv file, if the number of fields is at least one more than the number of commas + 1, Tellico will crash. For example if I have 16 field names, there should be 15 total commas separating the data, but if there are 14 (i.e. 16 > (14 + 1)), Tellico crashes.
robbystephenson
KDE Developer
OS

Re: Tracks field delimiter

Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:30 pm
You know, I thought I had replied to your first post. Now I see that I didn't...heh, maybe I dreamed it! ;D

billstei wrote:In versions of Tellico before ~2.1.1 in imported/exported CSV files the delimiter(s) between the individual tracks in the "Tracks" field (of a CD collection for example) was a semi-colon and space (0x3B 0x20). After version 2.1.1 the delimiter(s) is now 0xE2 0x80 0xA8. Is this a bug or a permanent change in behavior?
It's a side-effect of some internal changes I made. I didn't think about it affecting the CSV exporter. There's some discussion here: http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=200&t=89732

I've since added a setting in the CSV importer/exporter to allow setting what delimiters to use for separating values within a single column.

billstei wrote:Another interesting bug: When importing a csv file, if the number of fields is at least one more than the number of commas + 1, Tellico will crash. For example if I have 16 field names, there should be 15 total commas separating the data, but if there are 14 (i.e. 16 > (14 + 1)), Tellico crashes.
How do you get 16 field names without the import dialog detecting 16 columns?