This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

New Guy Issues

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
duester45
Registered Member
OS

New Guy Issues

Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:56 pm
Hello! I'm rather new to Ubuntu and Tellico & because of that am having some issues. I can't even figure out how to update my Tellico to the latest version.

I am running xubuntu alternate install on an old Dell machine that would make a great boat anchor! According to my specs, I have Tellico version 2.1.1 and KDE version 4.4.2. My current project is transferring my movie collection from Flickz (obsolete and soon to be unsupported) to Tellico.

Tellico has supplied complete casts to every movie I have listed but no plot summaries or thumbnails. There are thumbnails contained in a separate folder in the save file.I can live with what I have, but would live better if at least the plot summaries were there. My Tellico is configured to get data from imdb. I don't know how to connect to Amazon or themoviedb. This is largely due to my nearly total ineptitude at things of a linux nature. I am trying to become more ept.

Perhaps updating to the current version would help? I need help in doing that. I have downloaded it but don't know how to install it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Wayne
robbystephenson
KDE Developer
OS

Re: New Guy Issues

Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:19 am
duester45 wrote:Tellico has supplied complete casts to every movie I have listed but no plot summaries or thumbnails. There are thumbnails contained in a separate folder in the save file.I can live with what I have, but would live better if at least the plot summaries were there. My Tellico is configured to get data from imdb. I don't know how to connect to Amazon or themoviedb.
Because of the recent updates to IMDB, current version of Tellico (whether the most recent or the one you have) are unable to really get accurate and total info from the website. SO you're a bit out of luck there and will have to wait for version 2.3.1 (which I plan to release soon) before IMDB will work again.

Amazon and TheMovieDB both require registration at those sites. You can see the links if you open Tellico's settings and go to the Data Sources page. Add new data sources there. If the Ubuntu version compiled support for Freebase, I'd really suggest trying out Freebase as a data source. You can have many data source configured at once, you don't have to limit yourself to just one source.
duester45
Registered Member
OS

Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:07 am
Thank you for your reply.

Is it possible for me to get step-by-step instructions for connecting to the data sources?
robbystephenson
KDE Developer
OS

Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:24 am
duester45 wrote:Is it possible for me to get step-by-step instructions for connecting to the data sources?
See if this helps: http://tellico-project.org/adding-data-source