This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Collecting details from music CD

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
susino
Registered Member
OS

Collecting details from music CD

Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:36 pm
Can Tellico collect detailed information from samples music CD?

I noticed, it writes "variuos" in the artist table field for each piece, instead the related artist, as I would like.

Thanks a lot for helps!
robbystephenson
KDE Developer
OS

Re: Collecting details from music CD

Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:51 pm
susino wrote:Can Tellico collect detailed information from samples music CD?

I noticed, it writes "variuos" in the artist table field for each piece, instead the related artist, as I would like.
Is the CD an actual audio CD or a data CD with audio files on it?

In the first case, the data that Tellico gets depends on the data source you use to read it. For example, if freedb (CDDB) has information for that CD, then Tellico will use that information.

If the CD has audio files, then Tellico will read the artist for each file and attempt to assembly all the tracks together into a single album. If the album has more than one artist, then the album artist is set to "Various" and each track has a separate artist column.

I hope that helps!
susino
Registered Member
OS
robbystephenson wrote:Is the CD an actual audio CD or a data CD with audio files on it?

In the first case, the data that Tellico gets depends on the data source you use to read it. For example, if freedb (CDDB) has information for that CD, then Tellico will use that information.

If the CD has audio files, then Tellico will read the artist for each file and attempt to assembly all the tracks together into a single album. If the album has more than one artist, then the album artist is set to "Various" and each track has a separate artist column.

Hi robbystephenson,
thanks for your contribution!

Yes, the media is a audio CD with files information about single tracks. But Tellico does not write the single track artists, though they are more then one. It writes for each track "various".

I do not understand why, but for me it seems, as if a catch field for the single tracks were missing.

Below a real example without information download from freedb

CDDB information file:
# Revision: 2
DISCID=860aed0a
DTITLE=Various / Salsa! Top Latino Dance Music Vol. 2 (CD1)
DYEAR=1994
DGENRE=Salsa
TTITLE0=Celia Cruz and The Fania All Stars / Bamboleo
TTITLE1=Celia Cruz / Cucala
TTITLE2=The Fania Allstars / El Agua de Belen
TTITLE3=Tito Puente / Nina y Se�ora
TTITLE4=Ismael Miranda / Se�or Sereno
TTITLE5=Pete "El Conde" Rodr�guez / Mi Negra Mariana
TTITLE6=Sonora Poncena / Acere-ko
TTITLE7=Willie Colon / No!
TTITLE8=Bobby Valentin / Amolador
TTITLE9=T�pica / Ese Animal
EXTD= YEAR: 1994
EXTT0=
EXTT1=
EXTT2=
EXTT3=
EXTT4=
EXTT5=
EXTT6=
EXTT7=
EXTT8=
EXTT9=
PLAYORDER=

Here the Tellico track list
Bamboleo Various 5:31 ; Cucala Various 3:49 ; Agua De Belen, El Various 5:08 ; Nina Y Señora Various 4:26 ; Señor Sereno Various 5:31 ; Mi Negra Mariana Various 4:43 ; Acere-Ko Various 3:58 ; No! Various 5:00 ; Amolador Various 3:35 ; Ese Animal Various 4:52
robbystephenson
KDE Developer
OS
susino wrote:Yes, the media is a audio CD with files information about single tracks. But Tellico does not write the single track artists, though they are more then one. It writes for each track "various".

I do not understand why, but for me it seems, as if a catch field for the single tracks were missing.
You're exactly right. I wrote it up as bug #258541, and I think it should be fixed for the next release.

Thanks for reporting it.
susino
Registered Member
OS
robbystephenson wrote:You're exactly right. I wrote it up as bug #258541, and I think it should be fixed for the next release.

Thanks for reporting it.

Good to know it! and thanks for writing the bug.
I hope, openSuse will implement the next release directly.