This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Feature Request: Adjustable Thumbnail Size

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Ademos
Registered Member
I often think, that it would be helpful, if users were able to adjust the size of the thumbnails in Tellico.

Gwenview and Dolphin both feature a zoom-slider, for adjusting the size of thumbnails.

Would such a feature be possible in Tellico?

And if the feature was possible; are there any plans to implement it?
robbystephenson
KDE Developer
OS
Ademos wrote:I often think, that it would be helpful, if users were able to adjust the size of the thumbnails in Tellico.
Having a slider or something similar in the view for changing the icon size has certainly occurred to me. I've just never implemented it. There's a config option for changing the icon size if you want to manually edit the config file. http://docs.kde.org/development/en/extr ... tions.html The max is actually 256.
Ademos
Registered Member
robbystephenson wrote:There's a config option for changing the icon size if you want to manually edit the config file. http://docs.kde.org/development/en/extr ... tions.html The max is actually 256.

Interesting, thank you for the link.

For situations where I want a permanent size, such a feature will be helpful.

But there are many times, when I would like to be able to quickly adjust the size of the thumbnails.

===

For example, when I am viewing a large group of book covers, I like to reduce the thumbnail size.

But when I'm viewing a smaller group of book covers, I like to enlarge the thumbnail size.

Such an operation is easy with a zoom-slider, but time-consuming when editing a text file.

===

You mentioned that the thumbnail-zooming feature occurred to you, I'm glad to hear it. :)

Do you have any plans to add the feature in the future?