This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Sub-catergories?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
SoundGuyJon
Registered Member
OS

Sub-catergories?

Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:49 pm
Ok so I'm new to Tellico, but so far I'm loving it. I'm looking to see if there's an option available so I don't have to maintain mulitple collection files for my one real life collection. If I set an Choice field giving you options A, B, and C, is there a way that the subsequent fields will be changed based on which of the A, B, and C, you choose.

So for example:
You have a field option of A, B, and C.
If you choose A, the program would then give you options 1, 2, and 3.
If you choose B, the program would then give you options 4, 5, and 6.
If you choose C, the program would then give you options 7, 8, and 9.

And maybe possibly the option to mix and max the subsequent options.
Is this possible? I can always maintain various collection files together, but I'd like it if I could do it all in once.
robbystephenson
KDE Developer
OS

Re: Sub-catergories?

Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:57 am
SoundGuyJon wrote:Ok so I'm new to Tellico, but so far I'm loving it. I'm looking to see if there's an option available so I don't have to maintain mulitple collection files for my one real life collection. If I set an Choice field giving you options A, B, and C, is there a way that the subsequent fields will be changed based on which of the A, B, and C, you choose.

So for example:

Is this possible? I can always maintain various collection files together, but I'd like it if I could do it all in once.
Simple answer? No. :-\
And from your description, I'm not even sure what to suggest as an alternative approach...sorry
Andreas Mair
Registered Member
OS

Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:33 am
Hi!
robbystephenson wrote:
SoundGuyJon wrote:Ok so I'm new to Tellico, but so far I'm loving it. I'm looking to see if there's an option available so I don't have to maintain mulitple collection files for my one real life collection. If I set an Choice field giving you options A, B, and C, is there a way that the subsequent fields will be changed based on which of the A, B, and C, you choose.

So for example:

And from your description, I'm not even sure what to suggest as an alternative approach...sorry

I guess he likes to have it the way DataCrow is doing it. You have one data file and that file contains your books, CDs, DVDs... You don't have to deal with multiple files.
If it's not what the threadstarter request, it's at least what I'd like to have in Tellico ;)

Best regards,
Andreas
SoundGuyJon
Registered Member
OS

Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:59 am
robbystephenson wrote:

So for example:

Bummer, that's what I was afraid of. Oh well, looks like I'll just have to make it work. Still a GREAT program though.

Andreas Mair wrote:Hi!
I guess he likes to have it the way DataCrow is doing it. You have one data file and that file contains your books, CDs, DVDs... You don't have to deal with multiple files.
If it's not what the threadstarter request, it's at least what I'd like to have in Tellico ;)

Best regards,
Andreas

That's pretty much exactly what I'm looking for. Not the biggest inconvenience to me, so I'm still sticking with Tellico. Thanks for the help guys!