This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

can I create a "tags" field?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
tjk
Registered Member
OS

can I create a "tags" field?

Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:10 pm
I've spent a long time searching for the perfect app for my needs... Tellico seems to be the one. But I have a question:

Can I create a field for tags? I was hoping that checkboxes would do that, and like checklist I could enter the necessary tag names in the "allowed values"... then I would like to be able to select one or more of the checkboxes associated with each tag -- but it appears there is only one checkbox available. (I'm no programmer so I can't create a script or anything like that) Any ideas?
robbystephenson
KDE Developer
OS

Re: can I create a "tags" field?

Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:02 pm
tjk wrote:Can I create a field for tags? I was hoping that checkboxes would do that, and like checklist I could enter the necessary tag names in the "allowed values"... then I would like to be able to select one or more of the checkboxes associated with each tag -- but it appears there is only one checkbox available.
It sounds like you want a group of checkboxes? For that, you'd need to add separate fields for each checkbox.

If you just add a new text field, the entries auto-complete, so when you're editing your collection, once you have entered a value once, if you start typing it again, it should auto-complete. (You may have to right-click and change your edit settings)

The Choice type of field has a list of allowed values, but you can select only one.