This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

qtcurve did not work after upgrade to 4.6RC

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
evll
Registered Member
OS
bcooksley wrote:Please check the value of $GTK2_RC_FILES, and the files ~/.gtkrc-2.0 and ~/.gtkrc-2.0-kde4

If you are trying to set your Gtk theme, please try setting it again, verifying the existence of ~/.gtkrc-2.0-kde4 and logging out and back in again.

I do not have such directories. Btw I fixed error with FF by installing some icon themes. But these error were not qtcurve related, qtcurve still does not work.

Found this:
OK, I got it. In the user /home, delete everything the folloing:

/home/$user$/.config/qtcurve (folder)
/home/$user$/.kde/env/gtk2-engines-qtcurve.rc.sh (file)
/home/$user$/.kde/share/config/kwinqtcurverc (file)

I had removed these several times before to no effect, but this last time I changed my style and kwin to something else (duh), removed the above, and then logged off. Logged back in and changed it and all was well again. I did not mention it before, but the kwin qtcurve also had garbled buttons. This fixed it.

Hope this helps someone in the future.

will give it a try later.
evll
Registered Member
OS
Removing the mentioned files did not help. However I noticed, that there is no .kde/env directory on my account, so I copied the dir from a new user and the qtcurve is back!
Sir_Brizz
Registered Member
OS
Just wanted to add to this...

I'm on 4.6 release and don't have a .kde/env, new users don't create this folder and qtcurve IS NOT working. I'm not even sure what to check from here.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
This is a bug in the Gtk theme selector, which is a 3rd party addition provided by your distribution. Please file a bug with them.

@Sir_Brizz: Please run the following, then try to reselect your desired theme in System Settings:
Code: Select all
mkdir -p $(kde4-config --localprefix)/env/

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
Sir_Brizz
Registered Member
OS
Ah, that fixes it... Thanks. Does the new QTcurve make specific GTK applications look better or should it have unilateral results?
lecrawford
Registered Member
thevil wrote:I have the same behavior. After each login the ".gtkrc-2.0-kde4" in my home dir disappears.
Re-installing qtcurve did not help either.
The only way to make it work is to go to System Settings and choose appropriate option in the GTK+ category.
I have not yet found a solution but it makes me nervous.

Same problem here. After I login the ".gtkrc-2.0-kde4" in my home dir disappears. Have you found a solution yet? Thanks
evll
Registered Member
OS
There is a solution above. Did you try it?