This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

qtcurve did not work after upgrade to 4.6RC

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
robsn81
Registered Member
OS
After each restart the settingsfile in '~/.gtkrc-2.0-kde4' was deleted, so the script (~/.kde/env/gtk2-engines-qtcurve.rc.sh) running on each startup is not able to export a specific environment variable.

As a workaround I copied the '~/.gtkrc-2.0-kde4' into another directory and modified the script to refer to the new location. This seems to work.

Has anybody other this problem, too? Other ideas to solve it?
KFreak
Registered Member
OS
Yes, I have the same problem since 4.6 RC1. But I dont get it after a simple restart, only when I completely shut down my PC and turn it back on, I can see this behavior.

No idea how to solve this, perhaps a bug report is the best way?

KFreak, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
robsn81
Registered Member
OS
with "restart" I actually meant "shutdown and turn on again" :-).

Where would be the rigth place to file that bug? Kubuntu or KDE?
I guess its more a Kubuntu problem, is it?
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
That file is generated by a third party component, so it may not have bug tracking at bugs.kde.org.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
Frustalupi
Registered Member
OS
Hi, I’ve resolved the problem just installing "qtcurve",
I don't know why, but after updating to 4.6rc1, the packet was removed
thevil
Registered Member
OS
I have the same behavior. After each login the ".gtkrc-2.0-kde4" in my home dir disappears.
Re-installing qtcurve did not help either.
The only way to make it work is to go to System Settings and choose appropriate option in the GTK+ category.
I have not yet found a solution but it makes me nervous.
google01103
Manager
might be Kububtu specific? I'm using qtcurve and no problem, the 4 people posting issue are Kubuntu

in autostart systemsetting module it is set as pre-KDE startup in "run-on" column?

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

KFreak
Registered Member
OS
robsn81 wrote:I guess its more a Kubuntu problem, is it?

Yap, Bug report should go to ´Bugs in Unofficial Package Updates for Kubuntu´
https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/kubuntu-ppa

It seems we´re not alone with this problem:
https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/kubuntu-ppa/+bug/694592

KFreak, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
molecule-eye
Registered Member
OS
I'm having the same problem as well. I've just installed qtcurve as a potential fix but I haven't restarted yet to confirm. I'm using Kubuntu with 4.6RC1 as well.
Amine27
Registered Member
OS
Fixed in RC2 Kubuntu packages

Amine27, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.

evll
Registered Member
OS
Works for a new user, but does not work after upgrade. Final version here. Should I try to delete some config manually? Please advice.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
After verifying qtcurve is installed, please try running "kbuildsycoca4 --noincremental".
Also, verify that ~/.local/ and all sub-files/folders are read-write to your user.

KDE Sysadmin
evll
Registered Member
OS
bcooksley wrote:After verifying qtcurve is installed, please try running "kbuildsycoca4 --noincremental".
Also, verify that ~/.local/ and all sub-files/folders are read-write to your user.

Thanks for the suggestion, but it did not help. qtcurve is installed, everything is writable, ran kbuildsycoca4 - same ugly GTK theme.
evll
Registered Member
OS
Here is what I get when I launch FF:

Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module": libcanberra-gtk-module.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

(firefox-bin:7084): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading theme icon 'gtk-go-back-ltr' for stock: Icon 'gtk-go-back-ltr' not present in theme

(firefox-bin:7084): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_unref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

(firefox-bin:7084): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_default_render_icon: assertion `base_pixbuf != NULL' failed

(firefox-bin:7084): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_style_render_icon: assertion `pixbuf != NULL' failed

(firefox-bin:7084): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_ref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

(firefox-bin:7084): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading theme icon 'gtk-go-forward-ltr' for stock: Icon 'gtk-go-forward-ltr' not present in theme

(firefox-bin:7084): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_unref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

(firefox-bin:7084): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_default_render_icon: assertion `base_pixbuf != NULL' failed

(firefox-bin:7084): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_style_render_icon: assertion `pixbuf != NULL' failed

(firefox-bin:7084): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_ref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Please check the value of $GTK2_RC_FILES, and the files ~/.gtkrc-2.0 and ~/.gtkrc-2.0-kde4

If you are trying to set your Gtk theme, please try setting it again, verifying the existence of ~/.gtkrc-2.0-kde4 and logging out and back in again.

KDE Sysadmin