This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Zotero plugin?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
henge
Registered Member
OS

Zotero plugin?

Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:14 am
firstly, i think the new calligra suite looks great, exactly the kind of exciting software that kde should be all about!

but, as a dedicated Zotero user, i would not be able to use Calligra without the kind of msword/libreoffice plugin that links to my zotero bibliographic data.
i asked over at Zotero forums, if any progress had been made on a very old suggestion related to koffice/zotero integration, but the feeling seemed to be that it was unlikely.
Still, i thought i'd raise the issue here, if only to see what others think.
cheers.

http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/9426/feature-request-plugin-for-kword/
boemann
KDE Developer
OS

Re: Zotero plugin?

Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:54 am
Well all I can say now is that we have a Google Summer of Code idea that aims to improve the bibliography code, by allowing interactions with external engines. Nothing specific to zotero, but we are aware of it as one of the engines out there.

Not much else I can say at this point.
henge
Registered Member
OS

Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:24 pm
thanks for the info, looking forward to future dev.
google01103
Manager

Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:54 pm
you might wish to follow the Conquirere project http://joerg-weblog.blogspot.com/2012/0 ... uture.html
Zotero changes
The other bigger part I have changed is the Zotero integration. Now I can handle Zotero groups with more than 50 items (forgot to add this beforehand). Also child items (notes) are downloaded and added to the publication, as well as files, that can be downloaded into a specified directory. Sadly uploading files isn't working at the moment, as I have no idea how to do that via the Zotero API.

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

Etric
Registered Member
OS

Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:45 pm
google01103 wrote:you might wish to follow the Conquirere project ...

I'm the author of this program and hopefully this will be one step in the right direction to handle references in KDE/Calligra in the future.
Sadly its not going very fast, but over time I'll get there.

boemann wrote:Well all I can say now is that we have a Google Summer of Code idea that aims to improve the bibliography code, by allowing interactions with external engines. Nothing specific to zotero, but we are aware of it as one of the engines out there.

I'm not following the progress here, but if it would be possible to add Nepomuk as one of the data engines this would be great.
Or The other way around having a library that can deal with syncronizing all king of engines (Mendelay/Zotero etc) that I could reuse in Conquirere would be a lot better.
smitpatel
Registered Member

Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:19 pm
Etric wrote:
google01103 wrote:you might wish to follow the Conquirere project ...

I'm the author of this program and hopefully this will be one step in the right direction to handle references in KDE/Calligra in the future.
Sadly its not going very fast, but over time I'll get there.

boemann wrote:Well all I can say now is that we have a Google Summer of Code idea that aims to improve the bibliography code, by allowing interactions with external engines. Nothing specific to zotero, but we are aware of it as one of the engines out there.

I'm not following the progress here, but if it would be possible to add Nepomuk as one of the data engines this would be great.
Or The other way around having a library that can deal with syncronizing all king of engines (Mendelay/Zotero etc) that I could reuse in Conquirere would be a lot better.

Hi, I am GSoC student and developing an interface for external bibliography engines. We don't have any plans in near future to have Nepomuk as data engine. But it is possible to have access to bibliography databases in Conquirere. Calligra saves its bibliography databases in $HOME/.calligra folder under biblio.sqlite or bibliography.sqlite file. Its in SQLITE file format. You can access bibref table for all cited references in it. Calligra uses QtSql for maintaining/modifying database. Database UI has not been merged in master branch of calligra. It's in https://projects.kde.org/projects/calligra/repository/show?rev=words-gsoc-smit branch.
henge
Registered Member
OS

Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:03 am

Not much else I can say at this point.

i saw here that you mention zotero specifically as possibly being included in 2.6 release. Is that still the plan?

[insert clutching at straws emoticon....!]
cheers