This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Style inheritance problem

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
thakur
Registered Member

Style inheritance problem

Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:41 am
I apologise in advance if "Style inheritance" in an inept description of my problem.

I was trying to write something in "Words" and wanted to change line spacing. I had to go to paragraph formatting button where I chose 1.5 or doubleline and it dumped me back to the default font. I was trying to use "Bitstream charter" (latex) font but changing the line spacing dropped me back to Deja-vu sans and my selective boldening of few words were also washed away.

Kindly let me know if more inputs are needed.

With regards,
Rajendra
boemann
KDE Developer
OS

Re: Style inheritance problem

Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:02 am
First of all, you should always use the kde bug tracker - We don't read the forums as closely, and even if we do we loose track here. bugs.kde.og is the place to report bugs.

In this case however the bug is known and part of it will be solved in the 2.4.1 release later today. The linespacing problem is also fixed but will have to wait until 2.5
thakur
Registered Member

Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:24 pm
Boemann,

I was expecting that you will reply as I try to follow the news and blogs related to kde. There was a lot of discussion (by Aaron and Martin) about having a discussion in the forum before filing as a bug. I was just doing that.

Thanks for sharing the information.
boemann
KDE Developer
OS

Wed May 16, 2012 10:50 am
Ah yes, well all is good then.

As long as you don't expect us to keep an eye on the forum. just see how long it took before I read your reply.

Personally I would prefer people swing by on irc #calligra to ask. much more likely to get it solved or me at that point asking you (or anyone else) to report the bug.

But yes I know that for a user it can be confusing if not downright frustrating to understand when and where to report things. It's even worse because each developer has his or her own ideas about how it's most productive.
thakur
Registered Member

Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:30 am
Just few general queries Boeman.

May be once your baby (software) is used by masses you may start getting more and more report from innocent (unaware) people. It will be a good sign that your product is sturdy enough that anybody can use it however the frustration will arise while doing the job of cleaning up bug report. For you it may arise far more quickly than faced by martin and aaron.

Sometime I read the feature plan and other general aspects of evolution of calligra and other open source projects. Sometimes for fun and sometimes for understanding the evolution of products for mass usage. The feature plan for 2.5 release has your name all over the place. Is it that other contributors could not update it timely. As a wellwisher the other possibility of not able to attract contributors indicates a not so bright future. Sometime when I follow the discussions and the way blogs are written, I found the communication style unfamiliar to my upbringing as an Indian. I have grown up in a regulated society but after being a father I have realised that these are made for the larger interest of society. I am interested about how FOSSDOM addresses cultural differences. May be I missed some initiative from kde side.