This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

lib komain error after building from source

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jmadero
Registered Member
Hi All,
Getting the following error when trying to run Calligra:
joel@joel-VirtualBox:~/kde4/inst/bin$ ./krita
krita(2267)/kdeui (KIconLoader): Error: standard icon theme "oxygen" not found!

Could not find 'klauncher' executable.
kdeinit4: Communication error with launcher. Exiting!
krita(2267)/koffice (lib komain): "krita" part.desktop not found.

krita(2267)/koffice (lib komain): Run 'kde4-config --path services' to see which directories were searched, assuming kde startup had the same environment as your current shell.

krita(2267)/koffice (lib komain): Check your installation (did you install Calligra in a different prefix than KDE, without adding the prefix to /etc/kderc ?)

I followed the instructions to a T I believe as far as what directories to use for install. Any help appreciated
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
It appears that you have either not got a KDE installation, or are otherwise missing the oxygen-icons set. This can be installed from kdesupport if you need to.

For the other errors, that indicates that you have not set the appropriate environment variables and run "kbuildsycoca4" to put them into effect.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
jmadero
Registered Member
So my question then becomes how do I fix it? I took care of the oxygen theme issue but not sure how to tackle the other one. I'm running this on Ubuntu 12.04. Thanks
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Can you provide the output of the following command?
Code: Select all
kde4-config --path services

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]