This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Spellcheck in Calligra Words

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
oakraider4life
Registered Member
OS

Spellcheck in Calligra Words

Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:58 pm
I'm having an issue with Calligra words where the spellchecker is working (it marks misspelled words as misspelled), but it doesn't seem to provide a suggestion list for auto correcting. Right clicking on the word and opening the "spelling" menu provides only the options of "ignore word" and "add to dictionary". I really want to get into using Calligra, but this, honestly, is a deal breaker for me. Is there any way to fix this?
oakraider4life
Registered Member
OS

Re: Spellcheck in Calligra Words

Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:43 pm
Since no one could support, I was forced to resolve the issue myself. I did successfully do so though.

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php ... 4#p1150894
boemann
KDE Developer
OS

Re: Spellcheck in Calligra Words

Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:14 pm
Thanks for digging deeper

The weird thing is that we are using the kde libraries just like any othe kde app

it's those libraries that deal with aspell, hunspell, enchant etc. Sure most other app uses the libraries throught a texteditior component. Words having a bit higher needs for text editing can't use the texteditor component and have to use the spelling libraries directly.

But that is sort irrelevant as the libraries shields us from even knowing about aspell and hunspell. So when it is a combination of those that give trouble I must assume it's the library that is at fault.