This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Braindump

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Sundance Kid
Registered Member
OS

Braindump

Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:38 pm
I want to write text on a whiteboard and I can't find the Text Editing controls that are in Words. I've looked at the Braindump kde userbase video but it doesn't look quite the same as mine. This should be really simple to use and it's turning out to be a frustrating pain and I can't find any other Braindump tutorials anywhere.

Thanks.
Sundance Kid
Registered Member
OS

Re: Braindump

Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:03 pm
Sorted it. But it's not exactly intuitive for 'out of the box' use. Still early days I guess.
ronnoc
Registered Member
OS

Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:41 am
What did you end up having to do in order to get text working the way you wanted it to? Running into the same type of issues.

Registered Member
OS

Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:10 am
Complete accident. After I had dragged the Text 'Add Shape' to the whiteboard and got the resizeable box, I was just quickly double clicking the area in and around the box and noticed the Tool Options with Character / Fonts, etc appeared. So I tried it again, and after you've resized the box to what you want, discovered if you quickly double left clicked in the box area, the Tool Options with Character / Fonts come up.

Might seem an obvious thing to those in the know but if you've never seen or used the Calligra suite before you've only got the one KDE userbase video to go off for Braindump and it doesn't really give a hint, just a quick overview.
ronnoc
Registered Member
OS

Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:38 pm
Thanks for the heads-up!