This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

how to adjust symbol size for readability

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
piedro
Registered Member
OS
HI!

I am using KDE with enlarged fonts (cause I have problems with my eyes). Sadly all programs of he caligra suite enlarge text but not the area around it - so I get crippled lines , letters that aren't complete and a lot of stuff is unreadable.

My biggest concern at the moment are the symbols: I can not distinguish any of them - they are too small!
I set the systems symbols to big - no effect on calligra programs!
I try to customize the menues within e.g. braindump - no way to enlarge the symbols ...!

How can I force the Koffice programs to use the global systemsettings?

plz help,
thx,
piedro
Minio
Registered Member
OS
Hi piedro

Sorry to hear about your eyes.
As workaround, you may:
1. go to System Settings → Desktop Effects → in Accessibility section there are three plugins that zoom desktop. On Debian there is "Zoom" enabled by default. You may zoom in screen with Meta+= and zoom out with Meta+- (Meta is key with Windows logo, usually between Control and Alt). Of course that requires you to have desktop effects enabled.
2. install kmag package and use application provided by it (surprisingly called "kmag").

These may come handy if you ever happen to run into application that displays too small UI elements for you.
Hope that helps.

Best regards
Mirosław Zalewski
boemann
KDE Developer
OS
Can you upload a screenshot somewhere please. I don't understand what you are explaining. As far as I know we don't do anything special in calligra.
piedro
Registered Member
OS
sry, just came back freom holidays, I'll send a picture after I found out how to mark it afterwards and thx for the Magnifier hint !

piedro