This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Braindump Roadmap?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Sundance Kid
Registered Member
OS

Braindump Roadmap?

Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:54 am
Reading up a bit it seems Cyrille Berger has handed over Braindump to the Calligra project. I was wondering what development plans are in store for Braindump. Is there a roadmap, or feature plan, as such?

Thanks
slangkamp
KDE Developer

Re: Braindump Roadmap?

Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:19 pm
No, new features depend on volunteers to step up and implement them.
Sundance Kid
Registered Member
OS

Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:44 pm
Ok, thanks. It's not like there's much wrong with it in it's basic form, or not fit for purpose. Seems like a project with a lot of scope for the right person(s).
burdickjp
Registered Member
OS

Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:08 pm
I think a good start would be to port over some of the Basket functionality. As old as that piece of software is, it seems most KDE people prefer it for organizing things. Then look at Microsoft OneNote.
I picked up a Dell Latitude ST this last month to take to school; I'm excited to get to use Microsoft OneNote, because I think it really is an AWESOME piece of software, but it doesn't do any one thing NEW, it integrates them in a manner which is unmatched for the purpose of note taking.

From my limited perspective I don't see why it would be terribly involved to integrate similar functionality into Calligra. Everything is already there, it just needs to be organized in a "note-taking" fashion.
Sundance Kid
Registered Member
OS

Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:23 pm
Must be one of the most commonly asked questions for Windows crossover users "is there an open source OneNote?" . Students and note takers the world over seem to agree it's the one thing MS got right. I think the nearest is the Evernote port NeverNote / NixNote. But something like incorporating Basket / KWeshTuNotes functionality would be a great start.