This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Calligra main-window not floating freely on desktop

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
hm
Registered Member
Is it possible to change settings such that the Calligra main-window floats freely across the desktop?
I'm able to adjust only the left/right-dimension of the Calligra main-window, but lower/left and upper-border of most Calligra-main-windows (Words, Stage...) seem to be permanently docked to the corresponding desktop-border.
My installation is Arch-Linux.
slangkamp
KDE Developer
All Calligra applications can move freely on the desktop by default. It could be a setting of your window manager that prevents that.
halla
KDE Developer
OS
Or the docker column is too high - that can prevent vertical resizing.
hm
Registered Member
Problem resolved: The default position of Calligra's main window for some reason was a little too high and my mouse couldn't get it.
I found a dirty nice workaround: Pulled the taskbar from bottom desktop position to top position, opened Calligra, pulled away the taskbar again and now was able to "get" the Calligra main window with my mouse and move ist araund :-)
May be my Arch/LXDE installation is quite exotic for Calligra, but now, unless I maximize Calligra :-( , everything is OK.
Thankyou for your help!
xernos
Registered Member
calligrawords --geometry 100x100+0+0

;D