This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

words does NOT work with images

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
sredna
Registered Member
OS

words does NOT work with images

Fri May 13, 2016 7:47 am
I try to edit a document with a big table with some inline images. But I CAN NOT GET IT TO WORK!!!!! It is NOT possible to insert an inline image into a table cell.
Btw typing is almost impossible, because it is so slow that I can drink coffee between each character.

How can I work with inline images in calligra?
sredna
Registered Member
OS

Re: words does NOT work with images

Fri May 13, 2016 8:10 am
Typing: Calligra changes the font to something other than present ALL THE TIME. Even if I place the cursor behind a word and type on, THE FONT IS CHANGED.
Inserting a row into a tabel gets A DIFFERENT FONT THAN ALL THE REST OF THE TABLE.

I can NOT easily select a image or the contents of a cell.

Placing the cursor somewhere creates LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGG

Trying to switch focus to/from images is almost impossible

Editing images DOES NOT WORK WELL. I have to recrop some of them, it causes me to scream so much that my neighbors complains.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
sredna
Registered Member
OS

Fri May 13, 2016 8:28 am
The file was a docx. I tried to save the file as .odt with calligra words and open it with libreoffice writer, and it was all messed up. Libreoffice can open the original docx just fine.
sredna
Registered Member
OS

Fri May 13, 2016 9:41 am
Exporting my final file, calligra **** it up with tables spanning page breaks. Some content is lost, and an inline image is placed outside the table cell. After realizing this, I reopened the document, moved the cursor and on next export calligra got it right. But then the file was sent for printing. No fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
eemantsal
Registered Member
OS

Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:59 pm
Images work fine here (Calligra 3 Alpha), not tried in tables, but "normal" image insertion works without problems. Just, in the "Add Shape" panel, select "Image", click on the page and in the file picker that opens select the image you want to insert; also, if you have a Dolphin or a Gwenview window opened, just drag he image you want from it to the document in Words. The only bug regarding to this is when you try to drag & drop an image from a web page, that is true that doesn't work at all. :(
smithkevin
Registered Member

Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:52 am
sredna wrote:I try to edit a document with a big table with some inline images. But I CAN NOT GET IT TO WORK!!!!! It is NOT possible to insert an inline image into a table cell.
Btw typing is almost impossible, because it is so slow that I can drink coffee between each character.

How can I work with inline images in calligra?

Have you tried replacing your coffee with say natural juices from fruits as citrus, oranges, apples, and even carrots? With a good juicer, you can enjoy and have healthy food regime and solving calligra issues in imaging won't be hard.