This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Tool icons missing from Calligra suite

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
abienz
Registered Member
Hello,

I've installed the Calligra suite from the Arch pacman Extra repository, and apart from Krita the other programs (notably Words, and Karbon) are missing tool icons, making using the program impossible, see image linked.

http://imgur.com/a/QGaPm

Can anyone help me fix this issue?
halla
KDE Developer
OS
If Krita comes with calligra, you're getting a really old version... In which case you probably need to install an oxygen icons package.
abienz
Registered Member
I think I installed Krita separately, it's version 3.1.4

Karbon is 3.0.1 and so is Words.

These appear to be the latest versions of all applications.
halla
KDE Developer
OS
Ah... Then I don't know. I only do Krita these days.
sebpe
Registered Member
Do you have the "breeze-icons" package installed?
abienz
Registered Member
sebpe wrote:Do you have the "breeze-icons" package installed?

No, I just tried installing them, but Karbon still shows now tools. :(
sebpe
Registered Member
If you have the breeze icons installed, you can set your global icon theme to breeze and the icons should be there.

If you do not want breeze icons in all your applications, you could also launch karbon or words with
Code: Select all
QT_QPA_PLATFORM_THEME="lxqt" karbon
QT_QPA_PLATFORM_THEME="lxqt" calligrawords

(assuming your desktop in the screenshot is lxqt, but anyway it seems that the correct icons are shown even using something like QT_QPA_PLATFORM_THEME="" :D)
abienz
Registered Member
Sorry for the late reply! I still have this problem

When i try and set the theme it doesn't appear to be applied. I do notice the following output in the console though:

Invalid Context= "Panel" line for icon theme:  "/usr/share/icons/Numix-Circle/16/panel/"
Invalid Context= "Panel" line for icon theme:  "/usr/share/icons/Numix-Circle/16@2x/panel/"
Invalid Context= "Panel" line for icon theme:  "/usr/share/icons/Numix-Circle/22/panel/"
Invalid Context= "Panel" line for icon theme:  "/usr/share/icons/Numix-Circle/22@2x/panel/"
Invalid Context= "Panel" line for icon theme:  "/usr/share/icons/Numix-Circle/24/panel/"
Invalid Context= "Panel" line for icon theme:  "/usr/share/icons/Numix-Circle/24@2x/panel/"
Invalid Context= "Panel" line for icon theme:  "/usr/share/icons/Numix/16/panel/"
Invalid Context= "Panel" line for icon theme:  "/usr/share/icons/Numix/16@2x/panel/"
Invalid Context= "Panel" line for icon theme:  "/usr/share/icons/Numix/22/panel/"
Invalid Context= "Panel" line for icon theme:  "/usr/share/icons/Numix/22@2x/panel/"
Invalid Context= "Panel" line for icon theme:  "/usr/share/icons/Numix/24/panel/"
Invalid Context= "Panel" line for icon theme:  "/usr/share/icons/Numix/24@2x/panel/"
Invalid Context= "Notifications" line for icon theme:  "/usr/share/icons/Numix/48/notifications/"
Invalid Context= "Notifications" line for icon theme:  "/usr/share/icons/Numix/48@2x/notifications/"
sebpe
Registered Member
Sorry for the as well late reply!

Do you at least see the icons if you set Breeze as the icon theme in the LXQt appearance settings instead of Numix-Circle? (You probably don't want this, just to check if breeze icons are available at all)

Within KDE/Plasma environments it is also possible to set the icon theme per application by adding
[Icons]
Theme=breeze
to the rc file of the application (e.g. ~/.config/calligrawordsrc), however this does not seem to work when the applications are started from LXQt.

What you can do is to let your icon theme inherit from the breeze icon theme.
To do this, edit the file "index.theme" of the icon theme you use and add the desired fallback theme at the end of the "Inherits" line (separeted with ",").
In your case you probably need to edit /usr/share/icons/Numix-Circle/index.theme and change the Inherits line to
Inherits=Numix,breeze
Then Breeze icons will be used everytime no Numix-Circle or Numix icons are available.