This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How to install Calligra snapshot?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
aridus
Registered Member

How to install Calligra snapshot?

Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:30 am
Calligra has announced a snapshot release and I would like to install it and try it out. However, I cannot find a deb file or similar that will enable me to do this. Could somebody kindly point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
marko_knoebl
Registered Member
OS
The release announcement says: "Many Linux distributions will package the snapshots for users to try out. Instructions will be available on the home pages of the distributions. We will also add links to them on our home page."
So you will have to wait until your distribution has packaged Calligra which might take some time.
As far as I know Mageia is the only distribution which provides Calligra packages at the moment. Furthermore there is some work on Debian packages according to this mail. I have tried out some of the packages mentioned there and they already work quite well for me.
aridus
Registered Member
Many thanks: I tried out the link to the Debian packages and installed Words. I think it has many wonderful things (split view editing for example!) and I greatly look forward to using it, instead of LibreOffice, once it is officially released.

Martin
SyncMaster
Registered Member
OS

Re: How to install Calligra snapshot?

Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:32 am
I would like to try Calligra Flow, but all that I can get is a flow.install file from the links of the above mail.

Any ideas how to install it?

TIA.
marko_knoebl
Registered Member
OS
I would like to try Calligra Flow, but all that I can get is a flow.install file from the links of the above mail.

The Calligra packages were available at http://adrieng.homeip.net/~adrien/documents/calligra/, but they were removed from there some days ago. You might want to ask Adrien if he can provide them to you.
SyncMaster
Registered Member
OS

Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:47 pm
Thank you.

Meanwhile I've found out Project Neon that seems to have Calligra snapshots available.

I've added the Project Neon PPA, but when trying to install the Calligra from this PPA, some additional packages like Project-Neon-Akonadi will be installed.

Does anybody know if this will break my system, OR it will be used side by side with other KDE files?
robsn81
Registered Member
OS

Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:46 am
You can install it side by side. I did it and it works fine for me.
You can log-in into a Neon Session or just start single programs out of your stable KDE session.