This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How could I custom my favorite font to the default

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Houge_Langley
Registered Member
OS
I could not find the way to custom my font default :P

When I use Calligra Words, I should to setting the fonts and fonts' size every time. Where and How could I setting the default fonts?

Thanks, All Of U.
Kubuntiac
Registered Member
Yeah, I'd love to know this, too. I end up immediately swapping out DejaVu Sans for Liberation Serif and it does wonders for how professional Words as a whole looks.
boemann
KDE Developer
OS
Well since there is no such thing as default fonts it's impossible to set. What Words do is allow you to choose a template when creating a new document. That template has the fonts set.

So what you should be asking is how to create your own template and the quick answer is that you can't, at least not in the gui yet.

The slightly longer answer is that a template is just a documents and it needs to have a .desktop file pointing to it. In theory you can do that manually.

I hope we will have the possiblilty to save as template in version 2.5. No promises though.
jke
Registered Member
OS
Thanks for the answer, but can you list an example .desktop file for this purpose.
And in what directory shall it be created? (/usr/share/applications/ or $HOME/.local/applications)

Johannes
boemann
KDE Developer
OS
share/apps/words/templates/Normal/.source/A4.odt

and

share/apps/words/templates/Normal/A4.desktop

Are the files for the blank document

it looks in your local .kde/share folder too so you don't have to install in the system wide place