This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Calligra Fonts Blurry

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
rypkema
Registered Member

Calligra Fonts Blurry

Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:55 pm
I did a search on this and found some posts from 2008 and 2009. I'm hoping something has changed since then.

My fonts in openSUSE 12.1 KDE are very clear and readable in all applications except...KDE's Calligra. The fonts there are thick and blurry. In some cases, like Verdana, the "w" character doesn't have all the pixels filled in.

I've tried different settings for the anti-aliasing and the differences are minimal at best.

Do you have any suggestions? Or should I give up on Calligra?

Thanks in advance!

Chris
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Re: Calligra Fonts Blurry

Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:07 pm

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
rypkema
Registered Member

Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:30 pm
That is encouraging. So if I understand the blog correctly, we should see the fix sometime in the future? Or is there something I can do now to change this?

I'm a power user or better in Windows, but a newbie to linux. So if I need to do something myself, please spell it out and treat me like the newbie I am. :)

Chris
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:32 am
The fix is currently available if you install a (currently) bleeding edge version of Calligra and Qt 4.8. I would expect openSUSE 12.2 to include Qt 4.8 and a release of Calligra which includes the needed fix.

As an interim measure, you could try some OBS repositories, which should make the latest Calligra beta as well as Qt 4.8 available. You may be required to upgrade to KDE 4.8 though, which is currently in the release candidate phase of it's release.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
rypkema
Registered Member

Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:48 am
Thanks for your help on this. Calligra looks to be a great MS Office alternative, since I'd rather work in Linux than Windows. Fixing the font display will make it a whole lot more palatable.

Chris
rehman
Registered Member

Re: Fonts Blurry

Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:53 am
try solution below for blurry or broken fonts

http://lampjs.wordpress.com/2014/09/12/ ... ken-fonts/