This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Integration with R

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
CTown
Registered Member
OS

Integration with R

Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:00 am
I got this from a Phronix forum discussion about Libreoffice 3.5 being released:
Code: Select all
 Originally Posted by cb88 
"It would be since if there was integrated R support... sorta like Rexcel but not crashy. R is one of the best Stats softwares in open source btw. I know from first hand experience it is a niche that needs to be filled many schools are currently saddled with $1000+ licenses for SPSS or the like which coudl be replaced fairly easily by Calc+R."

Link to forum: http://phoronix.com/forums/showthread.p ... post250655

I don't know if I would use it but I thought it was a good idea so I wanted to bring it your attention. I just want Calligra to exceed... Perhaps, one should use the Planet to ask how much this feature is needed or wanted?
robsn81
Registered Member
OS

Re: Integration with R

Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:07 am
I also would like this feature. I regularly use R for my daily work. It is amazingly flexible with thousands of additional packages available.
JBeesen
Registered Member
OS

Re: Integration with R

Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:19 pm
Agreed as well, I have used R, and in the future surely will as well, although I don't use it much at current.

The biggest thing with this idea is to remember while this may not be very much for current users, it could introduce Calligra to the large numbers of R users.

I wonder if it might not be a bad idea to go more directly to RKward than to R though, as they have done a lot of the neccessary work already.